Anime World

The number one spot for your anime needs

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to the Grand Opening of Anime World!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Maxxxx4

hellfiredragon9

Mio Akiyama

Marioking

SeansAnime

Lavi

Azure

OblivionWarrior

Raikou

dexterarm

Latest topics
» Why are you late!?
Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:26 pm by dexterarm

» Whose Line Is This!?
Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:10 pm by dexterarm

» New game discussion: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:53 pm by hellfiredragon9

» Those Awsome Random Characters
Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:45 pm by hellfiredragon9

» XTeito_KleinX Wallpaper
Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:56 pm by Maxxxx4

» -_- quick reply 2
Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:34 pm by hellfiredragon9

» Quick reply...
Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:04 pm by hellfiredragon9

» Mio's gallery of death mwahahaha -joke-
Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:25 am by Raikou

» AW's first story-writing competition!
Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:24 am by Raikou

Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 10 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:42 pm

Share | 

Top Ranked Manga on Mangafox: Gakuen Alice

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hellfiredragon9

AW Points : 3208

PostSubject: Top Ranked Manga on Mangafox: Gakuen Alice   Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:10 pm

Ok, so since the manga section is empty, I'm going to review one of the first mangas I started reading (and am still reading since it's not finished....), the most viewed manga on the manga database Mangafox: Gakuen Alice (Eng: Alice Acadamy).

Anyway, this is the story of Mikan Sakura, a 10 year old girl who follows her best friend Hotaru to a special school for users of special abilities known as Alices. Upon discovery of the school, Mikan finds out she too has one of these Alices and epic adventures ensue!

This is a pretty good manga that is currently 125 chapters long, with several distintive story arcs. There is some good comedy as well, with some thing about characters being poked fun at, especially poor Mikan, who's name gets played on all the time (her name literally translates to Manderin Orange, and as such, they play on this with some of her habits).

The main characters of the story include the aformentioned Mikan and Hotaru, as well as 2 guys, Ruka (or Luka in English translations) and Natsume. Each has their own power, Natsume's is fire control (known as the Fire Alice), Ruka can manipulate animals to do his bidding though the release of a pheramone (which has lead to some hilarious moments, this is known as the Animal Pheremone Alice), Hotaru has the ability to invent anything she wants (which she then usually used to generate profits off her poor friends, this is the Invention Alice), and Mikan is the most overpowered person EVER lol.

Specfic to Mikan's powers, she has 3 all of which pwn. Her first discovered power is the ability to nullify other peoples powers (aptly named the Nullification Alice)! But that is not all, not by a longshot. Around Chapter 30, they introduce the idea of characters being able to created condenced stones of their abilities, known as Alice Stones. Well... Mikan's 2nd discovered power is to physically remove other peoples powers and create these Alice Stones out of them (known as the Stealing Alice)! And if that wasn't enough, her third and final power is to take these stones and put them in other peoples bodies (known as the Insertion Alice)!! Now seriously, how freaking pwnsome is that! She can stop you from using your power, steal it, then give it to her friend TO USE AGAINST YOU!!! Overpowered main characters FTW!!!

Anyway, I really like this manga, though I wish the main characters were older than Elementary Children lol. Check it out if you're interested.

Edit for completeness: I forgot to mention, this has been made into a 26 episode Anime by the same name, covering the first 28 Chapters of the manga. As well, the manga has been brought to English, but I have no clue how many chapters have been translated. Unfortunately, I can see only the first 28 chapters ever being officially translated, as events after Chapter 30, specifically the chapters in the mid 50's and early 60's, as well as the chapters from 100 till 123 deal with a VERY taboo issue in North America pertaining to Mikan's parent's relationship... I'll spoil this if anyone is interested, but I do suggest you read the manga for yourself to find out.

Last edited by hellfiredragon9 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : completeness)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maxxxx4

AW Points : 3288

PostSubject: Re: Top Ranked Manga on Mangafox: Gakuen Alice   Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:39 pm

it did not look good, when i first looked at it but, i'll try to read it and see if it's good later on in the manga. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://animecorner.motionforum.net/forum.htm
hellfiredragon9

AW Points : 3208

PostSubject: Re: Top Ranked Manga on Mangafox: Gakuen Alice   Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:31 am

Update for those interested: Chapter 126 translated and released today Smile.

PostSubject: Re: Top Ranked Manga on Mangafox: Gakuen Alice   

Back to top Go down

Top Ranked Manga on Mangafox: Gakuen Alice
Page 1 of 1