Anime World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anime World

The number one spot for your anime needs

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to the Grand Opening of Anime World!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Top posters
Maxxxx4
Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit I_vote_lcapShiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit I_voting_barShiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit I_vote_rcap 
hellfiredragon9
Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit I_vote_lcapShiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit I_voting_barShiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit I_vote_rcap 
Mio Akiyama
Marioking
SeansAnime
Lavi
Azure
OblivionWarrior
Raikou
dexterarm
Latest topics
» Why are you late!?
Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:26 pm by dexterarm

» Whose Line Is This!?
Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 10:10 pm by dexterarm

» New game discussion: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 8:53 pm by hellfiredragon9

» Those Awsome Random Characters
Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:45 pm by hellfiredragon9

» XTeito_KleinX Wallpaper
Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:56 pm by Maxxxx4

» -_- quick reply 2
Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 10:34 pm by hellfiredragon9

» Quick reply...
Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 9:04 pm by hellfiredragon9

» Mio's gallery of death mwahahaha -joke-
Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:25 am by Raikou

» AW's first story-writing competition!
Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit EmptyWed Feb 17, 2010 8:24 am by Raikou

Forum
Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 21 on Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:27 am

Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Maxxxx4
Maxxxx4

AW Points : 5396

Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit Empty
PostSubject: Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit   Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 2:47 pm

Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit Shikik
The official website for the anime adaptation of Fuyumi Ono and Ryu Fujisaki's Shiki horror mystery manga has opened — thus revealing that the anime has been green-lit. The story revolves around an isolated mountain village, steeped in ancient traditions, whose population of 1,300 starts dying in droves due to mysterious causes. Eventually, it becomes clear that vampires are attacking the town.

Ono had previously written the original novels for The Twelve Kingdoms and Ghost Hunt, while Fujisaki is best known for drawing the Hoshin Engi/Soul Hunter manga. Ono began writing the original Shiki novels in 1998, and Fujisaki began adapting the story in Shueisha's Jump Square manga magazine in December of 2008. The Shiki website links to the anime production company Aniplex.
[Source:ANN]

I caught Tweleve Kingdoms and Ghost Hunt, and I really enjoyed the show! In addition, I believed to have seen some of Soul Hunter’s manga art, so I’m really looking forward to this anime ^^.
It's unknown when it will get on the TV screens. But I'm definitely looking forward to it. The character on the official site reminds me of Frederica Bernkastel from Umineko, as well as the plot. A cut-off island and people are falling mysteriously. Again, the isolated village reminds me of Hinamizawa in Higurashi.
PV:

Websites:
Official Site
Back to top Go down
http://animecorner.motionforum.net/forum.htm
hellfiredragon9
hellfiredragon9

AW Points : 5316

PostSubject: Re: Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit   Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 6:00 pm

The first thing I thought was that this was a Higurashi knock off lol. That was until I read the part about the vampires... but it does have quite a few overtones of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. I'll have to check it out when it is released Smile
Back to top Go down
Maxxxx4
Maxxxx4

PostSubject: Re: Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit   Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:09 pm

hellfiredragon9 wrote:
The first thing I thought was that this was a Higurashi knock off lol. That was until I read the part about the vampires... but it does have quite a few overtones of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni. I'll have to check it out when it is released Smile

lol , did you notice that both my posts today were related to the undead? Razz well, one thing for sure is that this anime is on my list too ^^
Back to top Go down
hellfiredragon9
hellfiredragon9

AW Points : 5316

PostSubject: Re: Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit   Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:12 pm

Yeah I did, but I'll be honest, this sounds like the more dramatic and thinking series, therefore I think I'll enjoy this one more. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Maxxxx4
Maxxxx4

PostSubject: Re: Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit   Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 4:19 am

hellfiredragon9 wrote:
Yeah I did, but I'll be honest, this sounds like the more dramatic and thinking series, therefore I think I'll enjoy this one more. Can't wait!
This year ive, seen 3 so far, of animes related to vampire stuff Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit   Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit Empty

Back to top Go down

Shiki Manga Gets Anime Green-Lit
Page 1 of 1